Original topic:

Large Files in Samsung message

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 01:39 PM)
StannFresh
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions

Cover image

I mean come on its been like that for years if I take a video of 2 minutes on my phone why I gotta use a third party app to send it to my family or my friends. I should be able to send it right in the Samsung stock message app. Please try to fix this as I believe Google does support heavy files, Samsung should to

Cover image

8 Replies
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Suggestions
You can use Link Sharing, it works great.
StannFresh
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I know about link sharing, but a 1 minutes 30 seconds or 2 minutes video should be ok to send right through the app. Some old people won't feel comfortable using linke sharing. It gotta be easy for everybody
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
on those occasions when I send large files (e.g., videos of grandkids to their parents, documents for work, etc.) I just send via a link. The video quality is outstanding, especially when I'm sending to those using an iPhone. and now, my iPhone contacts send me the same via links because of the quality
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @StannFresh ,

Duration of the video is not what limits sending a file, it is the size of the file. Carriers have requirements on maximum allowed size on MMS and we need to follow them.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

Options
Suggestions
Facts
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Google messages on RCS supports 10mb 100mb if carrier is supporting universal profile and U.P. 2.0 will be 200mb limit, MMS is limited to 300KB, then Apple iMessage has a nice 100 MB limit 👌
Focr06
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Like mentioned above.. Is up to the carrier on top of making sure that you're signed on to a RCS enabled app, that has an RCS enabled receiver... This is why I use Android messages.. More people are on it from different networks.
Drerzewerzish
Constellation
Options
Suggestions

Ok

I tried sending a 7 second video thru text. 

I opened messages, opened the contact and selected record video from there. 

That would usually default the video to text friendly format. 

But i immediately get the trim video error. 

The video is saved to the phone though. 

I was then able to open a text from a different contact and send that same video without the error. 

I can reset the message app to default and then I'm able to send one or two 30 second videos before the error comes back for even a 2 seconds video.

This has to be a setting somewhere that i just can't find. 

0 Likes