Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Photo Editor needs a lot of work

(Topic created: 09-21-2021 08:43 PM)
Options
Suggestions
Bring back sharpen and noise reduction options for Photo Editor in One UI 4! Also add filters to replicate more natural photo processing like how iphones and pixels process photos. Sometimes I'm in the mood for the more vibrant and more saturated look of Samsung photo processing, sometimes I like the darker, more contrasted look of Google Pixel photo processing, and sometimes I want my photos to just be natural to what the eye sees, letting shadows be dark, letting wrinkles exist without getting smoothed to oblivion, letting hair and my cat's fur have the sharpness and fine detail it's supposed to have, like on the iPhone. I'm tired of Samsung being so stubborn about its photo processing preferences. If this bit of feedback is not implemented in One UI 4 by its release, I'm switching to Pixel and never buying Samsung again.
5 Replies
boston503
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I agree
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @picknassaro ,

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass on your feedback to our usability team for review.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Take a look at the portion of this review called "Photographic Profiles" https://www.theverge.com/22684033/apple-iphone-13-pro-max-review. That's the feature Samsung should steal. Give the users choice.
0 Likes
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I know what your point is but ... with pro-mode you can do whatever you want.
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
I don't think pro mode is the same thing, it requires after-the-fact tuning and editing. What I'm talking about is something like Apple's "Photographic Profiles" for the iPhone 13. It's not a filter, it's toggles for things like warmth, saturation, and sharpness that, when slid around, change what the processing algorithm does with the photo, so that you don't have to play with sliders after the fact. Really, I just want Samsung to copy the iPhone 13 and let users have as much choice as possible without requiring the use of advanced tools the average user might feel intimidated by
0 Likes