Did you mean: 

Original topic:

RCS on Samsung Messages

(Topic created: 08-18-2022 12:41 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Suggestions
I think samsung should quit Google messages(GM) and focus on making samsung messages (SM) a better texting app. I love the implementation of chat where each contact with rcs has a colored dot. The UI and and UX constienty is better across the ecosystem for sm than GM. SM offeres samsung a chance to deliver a really unique expereince for galaxy users, such as intergrating ARemojis, samsung wallet, private share and many more fun things with thier foldables. It really affects the user experience when you have two choices forced down your throat and none of the chocies is a full package. Like I love that GM has reactions and can auto delte OTP, but i prefer samsung's catergory ui, share sheet , link sharing via messages, and the extra features to control my messaging experinces. Using GM just disconenets me from teh overal fluidity, consitenst and UX of OneUI when i go to attach something to my message, or take photo from the messages or head into the settings. Same goes for Samsung Email and Gmail. 
12 Replies
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Why Google messages is way better
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Suggestions
It's great I wouldn't say it's better. I believe Samsung is a better app but gm is best for rcs right now
0 Likes
MistahRandom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
How is it way better? Genuinely curious.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
It's the closest to imessage it has RCS which is more secure
0 Likes
MistahRandom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Minus the imessage tapback thing, so does samsung messages.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
When did samsung messages get RCS
0 Likes
MistahRandom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Since at least the s8 it's just not googles rcs but it is compatible now.
0 Likes
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I think it's a better long term strategy to keep google messages and focus on working with Google to create a universal texting solution on Android. We've already had every manufacturer create their own messaging app and it only served to further fragment Android and make texting worse. Having google messages across all of Android with the same features and the same RCS standard is way better. And Samsung works with Google to make a custom version of google messages that works with One UI's design. Pretty much every feature that Samsung Messages had was ported over to Google Messages so there is literally no reason to use Samsung Messages. Also, unlike Samsung Messages, Google Messages provides end to end encryption as well as reactions and iPhone to Android reaction translations. Overall Google has done a great job and Samsung made the best choice by letting Google take over messaging.