Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung Messages

(Topic created: 11-09-2021 08:31 AM)
DJDoubleU
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
In my opinion this app could use a massive overhaul. It's lacking in new-age features for ease of use, sending GIFs, Higher Res Photos or (720p/1080p) Video clips. The data limit is ridiculous given that we are entering this new 5G Era.

The communication style feels like something that should have been left in the early 2010s and I think we deserve better... iMessage is a fairly robust platform where you can even do little stuff such as liking someone message.
The features you've added to support texting and calls on the tablets is wonderful but i think the major integration is lacking...

It's 2021 guys. Please revamp the heck out of this ā¤ā¤ā¤
16 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
And that's why we use Google Messages ...

Plus we like using Google Messages on the desktop/laptop in a browser
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
biggest problem with RCS is adoption. most people tend to use what ever stock sms app that comes on the phone, then I'm sure there are plenty of users who use Google messages but never enable chat features.

where as on an iPhone, SMS app will literally ask at first start up register the number for iMessages.

I feel that even though I use Google messages very few of the people I text use it or even have chat enabled so it makes it sort of pointless
DJDoubleU
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
So I'm using Google Messages with GBoard and it's way better. Still testing some stuff but big improvement.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

DJDoubleU
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
What's the point of offering our input if it doesn't match your concept tho?

What if your concept sucks and it needs to change based on user feedback?

You guys may want to attempt to leverage this growing relationship with Microsoft and see if they can provide the server horsepower needed to give us a good and robust messaging app šŸ˜ƒ
0 Likes
Sam_moose
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Where are the gifs
DJDoubleU
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
In the keyboard but I've been using Gboard with Google messages and I have a few minor issues but overall loving it.
0 Likes