Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Unsend Messages

(Topic created: 10-28-2022 06:53 AM)
43Blues
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Sure would be nice to unsend a text message. This happens yo me all the time where I'm text 2 different people but end up texting rhe wrong person what I'm saying to the other person but once it's gone its gone..would like ro be able to unsend messages. 
7 Replies
userYtp7Bza6RF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
How would thi be possible if they deliver right away? You hit send the carrier has it at that point... not a Samsung thing to solve
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
True but i'm sure they can do it for RCS messaging only. Apple did it with imessage so if they can do it then Samsung or Google can definitely too
43Blues
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Yeah my friend has a iPhone and he said he cam unsend text messages. So why can't samsung?🤔
manzoorboy06
Comet
Options
Suggestions
The unsend text message only works in ios 16 and above. If you send a message to someone with an older ios software, messages cannot be unsent or edited.

I can only see this feature implemented into Google messages as it has rcs technology. Old school sms send is probably impossible to edit or unsend.
Focr06
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Not trying to state the obvious here.. But do yall know how iMessage works? Is like whatsapp or any other messaging app, IT IS NOT TEXT MESSAGING. whatsapp has had this feature for years. This is all internal software based. Unsend feature only works with other iMessage users in iOS 16 or newer.. So, by default, not anyone outside of iMessage protocols or while not online.
So, only Google can do this with Android messages. And if you haven't switched to Android messages yet.. You're missing out!
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
I mean, RCS is a standard implemented by almost all Android text messaging apps, not just Google Messages.
0 Likes
Focr06
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yeah, Not when it comes to certain features, like liking messages... that doesn't show up on other apps or older versions of Android messages. Trust me,I've switched out of the Samsung messages app years ago because it's so bad. Not the same experience.
0 Likes