Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Voice over 5g feature suggestion

(Topic created: 10-23-2021 07:42 PM)
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
In 1ui beta 1 and beta 2 there was a feature I was using called voice over 5g and I think it was VoNR abbreviated form I was using it and they just deleted that setting or just moved it it was originally in connections mobile networks voice over 5g VoNR I don't know if other people were using it and I don't know if it was buggy but I was using it and it was very useful for me can you put it in the settings again Samsung thanks if someone has a screenshot of the setting that I mean they can post it to be clear of what I mean about the setting
11 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I've read out in Reddit where folks had the setting, then after a follow-up update, it disappeared

Which phone do you have and carrier network?
0 Likes
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
I have galaxy s21 at tmobile
0 Likes
TheNewsHQ
Comet
Options
Suggestions
It definitely disappeared, but good news is that it's now enabled by default even without a actual switch
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
What do you mean
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
The @TheNewsHQ is saying there isn't a configuration option in Settings ... it's enabled "within the system" (and hidden), so it's always on
0 Likes
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
Ok your saying the voice over 5g is enabled by default and not able to turn it on and off in the settings
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
That's the rumor šŸ™‚

Might try this SM on next call:
*#0011#
0 Likes
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
What's sm never heard of it
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
"Service Mode".

While on a call, if you navigate back to the Phone app and type in:
*#0011#
you should see the first screenshot.
If you tap on SIM 1 (or any other of the listings), another screen is displayed with statistical information (screenshot #2, but I did crop screenshot 2, so not all info is displayed)

Those detailed screens will show the technical details related to the current call in progress.

The AMR: line will show the voice quality (sound codec).
.Screenshot_20211024-152438_Service mode RIL-01_10276.jpgScreenshot_20211024-152125_Service mode RIL-01_10277.jpg
0 Likes