Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Secure Folder

(Topic created: 08-14-2023 09:39 AM)
Roxus
Constellation
Options
Tips
Noticed that with secured folder, when trying to input my full pin to unlock the folder it cuts off at the standard 6 digit pin instead of what the pin i set. Definitely a bug with the beta update but other than that i dont have really any issues but ill keep things posted!
4 Replies
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are investigating this issue.  We will post an update as soon as we can.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tips
Just an FYI. If you do the password reset, set it to a 6 digit pin and you'll be good to go.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userkLHk39B2be
Constellation
Options
Tips

I am having the same issue. I was using a 4 digit pin. I tried adding two zeroes before and after, but no dice. 

I am not, however, able to do password reset. To be fair, I don't remember if I clicked on the reset password with Samsung account option when I set up the secure folder.  The only option is to enter the pin, which just locks me out for longer and longer with no password reset option. 

Is there any option to fix this other than the nuclear (factory reset phone?).  Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
userkLHk39B2be
Constellation
Options
Tips

In case anyone comes across this post with the issue of being locked out and unable to reset the password to secure folder:

After entering pin and getting locked out at increasing intervals - after about 3 days it finally gave me a button to uninstall the secure folder. Yes, this wipes your data (hopefully you have a backup of important data) - but you get a chance to setup secure folder from scratch.  

Scott

0 Likes