Original topic:

2 tvs one wall remote conflict

(Topic created: 10-15-2023 11:09 AM)
Jelders
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I installed 2 tvs side by side for my kids to play games on. Remotes obviously control both tvs. Is there a way to ‘assign’ a remote to a specific tv? Or is there something aftermarket I can buy to remedy this issue. I want to be able to control the tvs independently. Thanks for any advice you might have. 

image.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
You can set each remote by unplugging one tv during setup of each remote. Once setup is done there is still a chance it will turn the other one on ect. So the only sure fire way to avoid cross communication is using Samsung SmartThings. once you sync your phone and TV to Samsung SmartThings your phone will become your remote with Full Features available. But this is the only way to ensure it will not mess with the other TV during control.Screenshot_20231009_103432_SmartThings.jpg

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
You can set each remote by unplugging one tv during setup of each remote. Once setup is done there is still a chance it will turn the other one on ect. So the only sure fire way to avoid cross communication is using Samsung SmartThings. once you sync your phone and TV to Samsung SmartThings your phone will become your remote with Full Features available. But this is the only way to ensure it will not mess with the other TV during control.Screenshot_20231009_103432_SmartThings.jpg
Jelders
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the help!

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Glad to help. Enjoy ..nice setup
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Did you consult the manuel?

And can you adopt me, please?
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Knowing the model number might help.
0 Likes
NOTORIOUSASSASSIN
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
What?
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
What, what?
0 Likes
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I'm in the same situation: side-by-side Q80a's. The remote situation is a nightmare. We use Smart Things for sure but we also put a FireStick 4k in one just to make streaming life a little less obnoxious as well. Unfortunately no matter what we do both remotes control both TVs from any room in the house. Also: Google Assistant makes life easier (via Smart Things) since I can just tell my phone what volume to set which TV to.