Original topic:

Apps not updating

(Topic created: 09-14-2022 03:34 AM)
userA8X0QekyaY
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After spending days on the support line ( Tier 2 support was only  a system reset) I thought I should try my luck here.
I have a QA55Q80TAWXXY 55 inch smart tv,  running 2303 firmware, the apps are telling me everything is up to date but that is not the case. my main issue now is the plex app.
Plex was updated via automatic update on the 24-08-2022  to version 5.32.1 this is telling me this is the latest update. (reset smart hub, changed location from Australia to Canada back to Australia, system reboot of tv was completed)
however plex was updated to version 5.46.1  on the 07-09-22 for Samsung 2016 to 2021 Televisions (Tizen 2.4, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0) link below:
https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-for-samsung-2016-4k-uhd-televisions/224615/89
Plex Version 5.32.1 (update that my tv thinks is the latest) was automatically installed on the 24-08-2022, however this update was released on the 23-02-22 so a 6 month wait for my tv to "automatically update" 
Other apps have not been updated in over a year, although I don't use these apps I find it hard to believe some of these have not pushed an update since these dates:

Spotify- V 2.1.10 Last updated 08/12/2021

Netflix- V 5.2.57020 Last updated 02/08/2021

YouTube- V 2.1.498 Last updated 06/04/2022

Disney+ V 1.11.0 Last Updated 16/02/2022

The above apps don't phase me cause I don't use them, but it seems hard to believe that Netflix hasn't pushed an update in over a year (I could be wrong) but this has lead me to believe there is an issue going on. 
my main concern is Plex as the latest updates have fixed major issues. I'm looking for any support to update this app to the latest firmware. I also don't know why it is taking 6 months for my app to update to the current version since it was released. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
user214325235125
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue, but I seemed to have reverted. Looking at my Plex Server, 2 days ago I accessed with the v5.47.1 Samsug Plex app, now I am stuck with 5.32.1.

Unable to stream 4k from Plex now.

Uninstalling and reinstalling sometimes works. But it shouldn't be reverting.

0 Likes
user214325235125
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Turn on the TV tonight, and even with automatic updates disabled, Plex has reverted to 5.32.1.

0 Likes
userA8X0QekyaY
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I did spend 2 weeks on the phone to support, I am waiting for a call back from Neil who is the stage 2 support manager. He is under the idea that updates are not based off firmware, but now the chipset of the tv, it took me 2 weeks to get that idea because every other support agent told me its up to plex to update there app. none of them understood that plex has released updates but my tv isn't picking up there updates. I am still stuck on 5.32.1 even after reinstalling I can not get any updates. After being told updates are not based off firmware its based off chipsets I asked what chipset my tv was. he couldn't give me an answer and he is waiting on a stage 3 technician. once I get an update I will update this forum. 

user214325235125
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Appreciate the update. I started the support process.

This is a deal breaker for me. Don't purchase a flagship TV to then have to purchase a 3rd party streaming device.

In Australia the ACCC says a product requires a repair, refund or exchange if it has a major fault, and a major fault includes: The product has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it.

I would never have bought a flagship TV if I knew there was a problem with the software that doesn't let you install apps as advertised. Especially considering the security concerns when using old apps. Considering pursuing a refund at this stage.

0 Likes
user214325235125
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

Have you got any updates on this problem?

0 Likes