JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blue / Green Vertical lines on TV

(Topic created: 11-09-2023 05:21 PM)
Samsung_QaJHGu5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

For the last 12 months or so when the TV is turned on there is no picture on the screen initially. All you can see are blue and green vertical banding of lines. Once the TV has been on for a few minuets and then turned off and back on again the TV would operate normally. With every month the amount of time the TV has to be left on before turning it off and then back on again has grown. It started at 5 minuets and has grown to over 30 minuets. Starting last week this trick does not work any longer.

I contacted support and they assisted me with trouble shooting. They informed me that most likely the issue was the One Connect Box.
I proceeded to purchase a One Connect Box, but when it arrived I still had the same exact issue. I then purchased a One Connect cable. Connecting the new One Connect cable did not fixed the issue either.

Original One Connect box with original One Connect cable gives a blue / green screen of virtical lines.
Original One Connect box with new One Connect cable just gives a black screen. TV does not appear to turn on.
New One Connect box with original One Connect cable gives a a blue / green screen of virtical lines.
New One Connect box with new One Connect cable just gives a black screen. TV does not appear to turn on.

Without the One Connect box connected to the TV with a One Connect cable the TV turns on and displays a diagram showing how to properly connect the One Connect box with cable to the TV. The image is clear so is seems that the TV works.

Any advice as to what could be the issue?

I bought the TV on Black Friday 2017 and from what I can see in my Samsung account profile is that the manufacturer warranty has expired.

TV Model # QN65Q7CAMFXZA
One Connect Box - BN91-18954M
One Connect Cable - BN39-02301A

ThanksSamsung Blue Screen.jpgSamsung Connect Box.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your TV having issues with the display. Since you have done the troubleshooting and bought a new one connect box this will be something that will require service. As you are out of warranty please use the link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your TV having issues with the display. Since you have done the troubleshooting and bought a new one connect box this will be something that will require service. As you are out of warranty please use the link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/