JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NU6080 65 INCH has a single black 4 1/2 inch wide vertical bar dead zone down middle of screen

(Topic created: 12-20-2023 01:08 PM)
Tony14
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

First, my TV popped, turned off, and wouldn't turn back on. I replaced the power supply and the TV turns on again, but it now it has a dead section about 4 1/2 inches wide that runs vertically down the middle of the screen.  When I play a DVD, the show displays normally everywhere except in the black bar area. That section just looks turned off. 

Next, I replaced the motherboard thinking this was a T-CONN problem and the T-CONN circuitry is integrated with the motherboard.  I still have the same dead zone. This is not vertical lines, it's just a single vertical bar that isn't even trying to display a picture. I shined a flashlight up close into the blackness and saw nothing lurking beneath it. Any suggestions on how to get this TV working again? 

https://youtu.be/96LkiKihhkM

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tony14
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV Parts Today helped. My screen suffered a catastrophic failure which shorted the power supply. Replacing the screen will cost as much as a new TV so now I have a new Samsung.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
jrzyangel23
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

my tv lost samsung tv plus yesterday but i had no visible screen issues. i woke up this morning turned on my tv and tv plus was back but now i have the vertical shadow line you're describing im soooo angry right now!

0 Likes
Tony14
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I replaced the only two easy parts to replace in my TV so I'm not feeling optimistic. Searching for local e-waste 65in TV recycling is even more depressing. 

0 Likes
Solution
Tony14
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV Parts Today helped. My screen suffered a catastrophic failure which shorted the power supply. Replacing the screen will cost as much as a new TV so now I have a new Samsung.

0 Likes