Original topic:

Is there a Moonlight PC Game Streaming App on Samsung tvs to replace Steam Link?

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 02:54 PM)
MI6
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

In this thead we are asking for a game streaming app that can replace Stream Link and could use the the even better Moonlight open source technology, i suggest to look for more informations on a search engine about this wonderful project that developers made possibile even on Samsung TVs. I am saddened by the Steam Link thead closure without a proper solution and i'd like to say thanks to all those who partecipated but belive me if you look for It there are Indeed replacements for Steam Link app... Open Source Rules!

7 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey there @MI6!  We thank you for this suggestion and will be tagging it accordingly so that our designated team will be able to find it when they are seeking feedback!  

0 Likes
userWPM68l5Tw6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Nothing streams directly to my Samsung TVs, except my laptop.  I can't get my retro gaming devices,  my desktop, or my iPad to cast.

I have 5 Samsung TVs in my home and 16 in my business.   I love your TVs, I'm getting upset that I can't use my Moonlight cast enabled handheld on my Samsung TVs.  This needs fixed, with urgency

VENTIN
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The lack of support for STEAM link for your side is a shame...

At least provide the option to install Moonlight on your TVs...  

(Q60 Owner)

0 Likes
elijahJunnior
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Seria muito útil e as TVs LG já tem disponível.

0 Likes
Dean Axe Flip
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I agree. Though wonder if you can edit your title and the post to help people find it. Samsung might not find it in the future either without proper terms/keywords. It's Steam Link. Not Stream Link. Many threads here in Samsung with angry TV owners impacted by the removal of Steam Link app from their TVs. Many people are discussing it on Reddit subreddits, and other places like GitHub. If Samsung doesn't quickly give a replacement solution they're losing many customers for life. It's a trust thing for many of us, and once we leave we won't buy new Samsung products in the future.

ladylolo
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Commenting on this because I would also like help replacing the now nonexistent Steam Link with something similar. I've scoured the internet but the best solutions are to either get a streaming dongle or raspberry pi and I would like to do neither if possible lol as OP said there is Moonlight, but I am so confused as to how it's supposed to stream from your PC to your smart TV. Please advise! 

0 Likes
joelz_z
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

In Samsung Crystal there is no Steam link neither Crunchyroll

0 Likes