JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Mu8000 65in not working after 6 years

(Topic created: 10-14-2023 08:38 PM)
andrewsblackburn
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I reached out to Samsung support four different occasions I have a 6-year-old MU-8000 65-in TV but I paid $1,800 for. Of course these these TVs don't last foreve I believe they're rated for about 10,000 hours but I didn't buy this TV or pawn shop or Walmartr but when watching the TV it flashes now almost looks like a lightning storm did remote access let them access the TV and I said yeah your TV's messed up and spent more time trying to get me and I quote most customers just buy a new, what so if that one goes bad somewhere down the road I could just throw that one away I have lost all respect for Samsung TVs I will never buy another product from them again I will be purchasing a new iPhone here shortly My Samsung watches will all just be given away that is just utter disrespect. The first lady that I talked to said a tech would call me back with a quote of what it would cost to get it fixed that was a week and a half ago so that tells you if you're not willing just to buy a new TV from them even though they acknowledge they'll fix it and the very first phone call and everyone after that I acknowledge it's not under warranty and didn't ask for it to be fixed in the warranty  Samsung you  if you expect somebody to spend the kind of money that I spend on this TV and just dispose of it like it's a disposable razor You're completely out of touch with reality

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The truth is we are in a throwaway Society. The reason why they tell you to buy a new one is you're likely going to spend more to fix it than to buy a new better TV. If you want to get your TV fixed and it's 6 years old the way you want to go about it is to directly call a repair shop nearest to you. This will be cheaper but still likely not worth it. All big manufacturers are only trained to help you during the warranty period. Sometimes this extends out to the software support time length of about 3 years. I can assure you one thing it doesn't matter the manufacturer they will all be the same way. It's just the cold hard truth in this day and age. The only way to continue to get extended support of any brand is to buy an extended warranty. In the old days when you would buy a TV people own them for much longer. But you also didn't have technology moving like a rocket ship. Manufactures releasing new models every 6 to 12 months. This sucks for us making it impossible for them to continue to support products that are really old. In tech years 6 years is a lifetime. Even extended warranty usually caps at 5 years. Due to the fact almost guaranteeing that replacement will be needed. Once you find out the cost to fix it keep in mind you can buy a comparable TV. That would be a 2023 model 65 in cu8000 for 627 on Amazon. That's what makes people not fix and replace everything constantly. 900 to fix 600 to replace sad but true. But anyway sorry this happened to you I wish you the best of luck with everything.

View solution in context

2 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
6 years old? I've not had a TV over 2-3 years and thats with any brand, LG lasted almost 3 years, so 6 years is decent, doesn't matter the brand
0 Likes
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The truth is we are in a throwaway Society. The reason why they tell you to buy a new one is you're likely going to spend more to fix it than to buy a new better TV. If you want to get your TV fixed and it's 6 years old the way you want to go about it is to directly call a repair shop nearest to you. This will be cheaper but still likely not worth it. All big manufacturers are only trained to help you during the warranty period. Sometimes this extends out to the software support time length of about 3 years. I can assure you one thing it doesn't matter the manufacturer they will all be the same way. It's just the cold hard truth in this day and age. The only way to continue to get extended support of any brand is to buy an extended warranty. In the old days when you would buy a TV people own them for much longer. But you also didn't have technology moving like a rocket ship. Manufactures releasing new models every 6 to 12 months. This sucks for us making it impossible for them to continue to support products that are really old. In tech years 6 years is a lifetime. Even extended warranty usually caps at 5 years. Due to the fact almost guaranteeing that replacement will be needed. Once you find out the cost to fix it keep in mind you can buy a comparable TV. That would be a 2023 model 65 in cu8000 for 627 on Amazon. That's what makes people not fix and replace everything constantly. 900 to fix 600 to replace sad but true. But anyway sorry this happened to you I wish you the best of luck with everything.