JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Stop Bothering Me About Chat

(Topic created: 08-06-2023 04:54 PM)
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I keep getting messages popping up every day about Chatting On My TV Now. I am trying to watch TV and I don’t want to engage in any of your silly chats….ever.

And every day I delete your ridiculous Chat Together app off my TV that is causing this message to appear and every day this app comes back. I don’t want this app and I don’t want this message. And if this keeps up, I’m not going to want another product from Samsung. I am sick of it. Knock it off and get rid of this app and message NOW!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Adamrust
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just found out how to disable. Open chat together, then navigate to your user profile link in the top right of the chat window. Inside there is an option to “leave chat together” for your Samsung account, and also to mute notifications. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
userP3rg3PLWgS
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Ok goto notification settings and turn it off takes 2 seconds
0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This a 2021 TV, not an Android phone. There is no Notification setting. Spoke to Samsung tech support. They don’t know how to turn it off either. I’ve spent far more than 2 seconds on it. 

0 Likes
userP3rg3PLWgS
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
you can go into the settings at the top of the screen by hitting. up to go to the settings. you can customize your notification. as you can see here it says select services for which you want to receive notifications
0 Likes
kafik
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

No you can't. The app is being automatically installed every day and there's no setting to turn off notification.

0 Likes
userP3rg3PLWgS
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Found this on line hope it might help
0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

There’s a forum on Reddit where others are getting ticked off about it. Samsung doesn’t seem to care.

0 Likes
Leavemealone1
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I agree a zillion %  

Solution
Adamrust
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just found out how to disable. Open chat together, then navigate to your user profile link in the top right of the chat window. Inside there is an option to “leave chat together” for your Samsung account, and also to mute notifications.