JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Memory Low

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 03:48 AM)
BrentMR1995
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung tv model UN55MU6290 and I am no longer able to download new apps on the TV, it says the memory is full yet all of the memory is being taken up by apps that I cannot remove, how do I fix this problem? Thank you for any assistance

userSMDBgz6CSg
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung UN58MU6070 TV.  I had a problem with the volume control not responding correctly.  Doing some research I learned that this was caused by the memory used for the apps being very low.  I did as recommended and did a reset on the smart hub.  All the apps we had added were gone, but when I went back to add them again, (leaving out the ones we were not using), I only added 2 apps and got the message that the memory was low again.  

I then did a total reset on the TV and went through the setup process again.  Now it tells me that there is 0KB left of storage space for apps and I cannot add anything beyond the ones that come with the TV (Most of which we have never used by the way).  Nothing works to clear this memory.  I have done a factory reset two more times and no luck.  Can anyone provide any help with this?

Robert952
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I keep seeing instructions on how to 'clear cache' on apps via View Details of each app.  When I view details, I do not see a clear cache option on any app.  

Similarly, I do not see any memory management or 'Device care' options that would let me clear cache (or main memory).

Does the above model number have such means of clearing cache?  Or are there other issues goin on with the TV?

I read about the issue with 0% memory and see several seem to have this issue.   The solution of clearing cache is not available to me for some reason.  I am trying to find out why.  

I have only about a dozen apps including the ones that can't be deleted (which is ok for Hulu and Netflix and maybe one or two others). 

I would hate to scrap this TV as picture, sound, etc. are performing as they should.  But I can't load/reload apps without going through a lot of gyrations of deleting 'bloatware' that keeps showing up (even after I delete them.)  Even that only seems to free up memory for a few minutes.  

I see others reporting similar problems but the suggested solutions aren't available on my menus.  

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
0 Likes
userK22kuKJ0XU
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The referenced post has only 2 valid solutions. One is to clear the cache on apps, which is not available on my tv software. The second solution is to put a usb drive in it so that you can have somewhere to install things. 

I have the same exact issue with my tv I purchased years ago.  UN55MU6500. Always no space. lately the volume control began freezing up where I couldn't increase volume up or down. had to hard reset just to get it to adjust again. research showed it was memory related. Somehow before (i guess the tv was feeling generous that day) i had Disney plus and HBO Max on the tv. Since resetting and factory resetting, etc I had zero memory full, so I had to put a usb card in, just to get HBO and Disney back on to the tv. No support after the sale has really gotten me to conclude that I will definitely NOT be buying another Samsung TV. The picture is great, sound is great.  They just totally don't give a darn after you buy it.

userSExjBmTByW
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a UN58MU6100 Smart TV.  I CANNOT get the storage to clear.  Currently I have 0 space, and the only apps on the TV are the the factory loaded apps.  I can't delete them of course.  I have done a reset on the TV loads of times.  Reset, unplugged the TV for 8 hours, then tried again.  Nothing works.  The reset options on the TV do not wipe out everything.  I've had support people remote access the tv and do a reset.  Things still do not get wiped out. It will start up with Wifi access still loaded.  Apps may still be there.  The only option I've been given is I can pay $150+ to have someone come out to my house and try to fix it.  (Plus I'd have to pay them $50+ to take my TV off the wall because why would that be included in the ridiculous service fee??)  No guarantee it can be fixed of course because no one seems to know what is wrong.  I suggested there was a malware.....since it's reading that all my storage space has been used up but there is nothing on the TV that didn't come from the factory.  No one in the Support team knows what to do with that suggestion.  Sometimes they don't even know what it means.  Virus scans show nothing, but if I have no storage, how do I know I have a current version of the virus scan software?  Searches here and on the internet pull up possible fixes but it is either for a different television model or a television model available in Australia or some other country besides the US.  

This is incredibly frustrating.  There must be some way to fix this besides paying someone to come into my home, expose me to Covid, do the same reset steps I and everyone else have done, and still get nothing fixed.

Sam1123
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
0 Likes
userSExjBmTByW
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks, but it's not a 2020 tv.  So this path does not work.  There is no 'Device Care' option.  The TV was purchased in 2018.

useriKF2qdUlwI
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue. Agreed that the link above does not work.

user43KQrogULt
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

hope you figured it out by now. if not then i got a solution. 

Reset hub first and the reset the tv. 

make sure keep the auto update off 

0 Likes
userSExjBmTByW
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks, but I had tried that already before creating this thread. It did not work either.