JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV burned after shutting off with POPPING NOISE

(Topic created: 03-20-2024 09:48 AM)
Rocket2moon
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV burned after shutting off with POPPING NOISE!

Only few seconds after turning on my TV it turned off after making a loud popping noise with burning smell. Samsung customer service called me to hook me up with service that's gonna charge minimum of $200 and the repair cost can easily beat the price of a new TV.

Does anyone know what parts I need to replace? It's got to do with power unit or motherboard. I have UN55MU630D.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I know this can be frustrating to have this issue with your TV. I would recommend to leave the TV unplugged if you have done so already. If you want to purchase parts you can from samsungparts.com. As most users on here are not technicians we would not be able to know the exact parts you would need. I would recommend either calling in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 or sending any of the moderators a private message with your full model and sreial number.  

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I know this can be frustrating to have this issue with your TV. I would recommend to leave the TV unplugged if you have done so already. If you want to purchase parts you can from samsungparts.com. As most users on here are not technicians we would not be able to know the exact parts you would need. I would recommend either calling in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 or sending any of the moderators a private message with your full model and sreial number.