Original topic:

TV turning on and off immediately when connect to power. Bright color in corner

(Topic created: 07-19-2023 06:29 PM)
Hawkfish
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

un58tu7000f

Hi Everyone! Thanks in advance for any advice. 

we purchased this tv about 2.5 years ago. The last couple of months I started noticing a bright white/yellow color burst in the corner when powering on the TV. This went away as soon as input was selected. 

last night, it started just flickering on and off when connected to power and the only thing that ever shows up is a bit of backlight and the color splotch in the corner. 

Being this is out of warranty, is there anything I can do to try to fix? New power supply? Any replaceable parts? Just figured was worth posting before purchasing a new one. 

IMG_2286.jpeg

Thank you! 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there @Hawkfish! The first thing that comes to mind would be the power source. Is the television plugged into an outlet directly or a surge protector? If using a surge protector, try the direct outlet connection to see if the issue continues.  If it does, we suggest either setting up a service call (we could help schedule that) or at the very least picking up a service manual from our parts distributor (800-627-4368) if you are looking to repair the unit yourself.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there @Hawkfish! The first thing that comes to mind would be the power source. Is the television plugged into an outlet directly or a surge protector? If using a surge protector, try the direct outlet connection to see if the issue continues.  If it does, we suggest either setting up a service call (we could help schedule that) or at the very least picking up a service manual from our parts distributor (800-627-4368) if you are looking to repair the unit yourself.

Hawkfish
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello. Thank you for the reply an the advice!

I currently have it mounted with an extension plug using a cable hider to an outlet. 
I would have to unmount to test, but have tried a different extension cord and different outlet. Same behavior. 

Do you know the approximate cost of service calls, I know this could vary a bit, but just trying to get an idea. Just weighing the options if it makes sense when the TV costed only $380. 

Thank you again!

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I apologize, but the service centers set their own pricing for repairs. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device and your best contact phone number, name, and email to look into further accommodations. 

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

0 Likes