Original topic:

UN65KS8000 random black screen

(Topic created: 08-12-2021 07:08 PM)
userUNTLeCPJ1P
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

For quite sometime our UN65KS8000 65” LED tv has a random black screen for 1-2 seconds during HDMI broadcasts such as Verizon fios box or direct TV. Then it’s fine.  It’s been going on for Atleast 2-3 years but doesn’t seem to happen in the smart apps like Netflix. At one point I was making a notepad log on when it would happen etc.  Does anyone else have this happen? We have done updates, full unplug, replaced hdmi cables, unplug one box, and factory resets. I even went so far to make cable providers replace their boxes because it thought it was the Verizon fios but same happen for direct tv. 

My theory is it’s either the Samsung one box or the cable they use for their one box. I can’t find a loose connection or anything. I remove the cable and unplugged while writing this post and it’s been fine. Prior was flashing black screen every 2-3 minutes for 1-2 seconds.

serial number is <HIDDEN>. Probably had TV about 4yrs. Spent a bunch of time here and there trying to trouble shoot over the years but never made a big deal about it. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I do apologize for the frustrations.  By  any chance have you replaced the HDMI cables going from your set top box into the one connect box?  Lower quality cables can interfere with the signal that you're getting on the television and cause you to randomly get a black screen when watching things.  If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know and we can look into other possible assistance.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes