Original topic:

Where is audio out for my S95B OLED 4K Smart TV (2022)

(Topic created: 12-02-2022 02:26 AM)
Astara
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the TV's audio out set for my Onkyo Receiver, but no volume comes out.  On the back of the TV, I don't see an HDMI port labeled as TV out, or out.  I do have an HDMI cable on HDMI-3 on back of TV going into my Onkyo's Main port (that also supports EARC).  But I get no audio from TV.

I do get audio out when I'm playing audio on my computer -- I have the TV setup as a second monitor, and my PC's audio output comes out of the Receiver (since most of my TV usage comes from watching videos on my computer and having the sound decoded by the Onkyo.  But when I try to switch to watch TV on the samsung OLED -- the Onkyo tries to switch audio to "TV" (input), but I don't what HDMI port on the Samsung as the TV (as in over-the-air TV) output that I can direct to one of the Home Theater's sound inputs.

An aside -- it would really help if there was a diagram of the ports on the back of the TV in the e-manual or in a separate paper manual.  It's hard to read the names of the ports on the back of the TV when it is hanging on the wall.  

So which HDMI port on the back of the TV has the TV audio output?  

Thanks!

5 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
You should be using the ARC output on the back of the TV to the ARC input on the back of the receiver. Then browse the sources on the receiver until you find the one that has sound for the TV.
0 Likes
Astara
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I don't know how to browse ARC sources on the receiver.  The receiver has several HDMI connectors, but any switching that I do switches between the connectors on the back, not eARC sources.  

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
You should have a source button or knob on the receiver and its remote to switch between the things plugged into the receiver. Browsing through these one of them should be the TV's audio.
0 Likes
Astara
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It worked -- but I'm not confident it will continue working since I've tried selecting TV before and had no volume...but it worked this time.  Most puzzling!, but thanks! 

The interface on this TV is rather non-intuitive...*sigh*

-Astara

0 Likes
Astara
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Dang...had to unmark what I hoped was an answer to my previous question, since the volume is "lost" again.

Now, I hit the 'amazon prime' button on the remote to watch more of a series called 'the peripheral'.  So the TV starts playing the episode that prior to this TV, I've been watching via my computer by going to the amazon website and clicking on the series.  The TV continues in the series where I left off in my browser -- except -- no volume.  The Onkyo switched from my computer to 'TV', which makes sense since now the content was playing from the TV.  

But again, I have the problem  of needing to know where is the 'output port' (TV-out), since the volume from content played on the TV isn't going out the eARC port (or if it is, I can't hear it).   This is where just knowing what HDMI "port" the sound for TV-played content (in this case, Amazon Prime)  is going out -- why isn't it going out the same port as live TV?  The receiver (an Onkyo) switches its input from 'PC' to 'TV' -- since the content is playing on the Samsung TV -- but the output doesn't seem to be coming out the same port.

Why not?  I.e. content from TV-air is coming out via ARC that I can select via the TV-port on the Receiver, but content from TV-Amazon-Prime isn't coming out the same way.  

While having the TV come out the ARC port and selectable by selecting TV, why isn't the AzPrime content coming out the same way -- and where is it coming out?

To watch the episode, I am forced to go back to my browser on my computer and play the video in the browser (and doing a full-screen on the Samsung to watch their.  Where is the TV's smart content playing out of?

thanks....

0 Likes