Original topic:

Wireless Screen Sharing on Windows 11

(Topic created: 11-24-2021 02:32 PM)
userpbAnjf8IMf
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My Samsung TV has wireless screen sharing and instructions for Win 10 without problem - the TV's guide is excellent. However it isn't as obvious on Win 11.  Is it fair to assume that my TV can still cast from the same computer running Win 11? Can someone mhelp me with detailed instructions as the Action Center no longer exists?

Thanks, Bob

0 Likes
16 Replies
user9UwT8LjMTS
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
. C l
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
0 Likes
userpbAnjf8IMf
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Looks good. I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it works. It was so easy on Win 10.

Bob

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
All you need to do is open the settings and then click on add optional features and install the wireless display application and it works perfectly just like windows 10
0 Likes
userpbAnjf8IMf
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just took a quick look. I want to do the converse - project the PC screen my Samsung TV. It was easy in Win 10; I just had to open the Action Center > Connections and voila. How do I do that in Win 11 where I don't find a similar setting?

Sorry for my confusing y'all.
Bob

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
This is the new Action center
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Make sure you have it enabled in the Taskbar settings
0 Likes
userpbAnjf8IMf
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unfortunately I am still perplexed. I am far from a novice user. and I was able to accomplish this easily on Win 10, but I can't make it work on Win 11. Following are the detailed steps I took:

1. On the computer, I added Cast to the Notification Center/Action Center
  2. On the TV, after confirming that I was connected to my wireless network, I went to Source > Connection Guide > PC > Screen Sharing (Wireless) and the TV Screen showed the TV Name as [TV] Samsung Q900 Series (65).
  3. Went back to the computer and clicked on Cast. The computer tried to find the available display but couldn't. 

I have an external display but disconnected it while I was doing the above so it shouldn't have somehow factored into this issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the continuing help.

0 Likes