Original topic:

TU7000 TV spontaneously powering on via WoL

(Topic created: 07-29-2021 06:47 AM)
usersGKNe6sRr8
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My new UN70TU7000BXZA TV has been spontaneously turning itself back on after I turn it off, maybe 3 out of every 5 times.

At first, I thought it was the Sonos Arc connected to it via HDMI-ARC but just stumbled on to the Settings -> Support -> About TV

At the bottom of the page of information is a section title 'Event Logs" and, sure enough, there are a number of dated entries that all say "Power-On Reason,WoL"

I have a number of devices on my home network but can't think of any of them that would be proactively sending commands like to this to the TV (AFAIK).

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this or, better yet, turn off this capability altogether on the TV?

I'm going to try turning off Settings -> General -> Network -> Expert Settings -> "Power On with Mobile" but would really like to learn how to effectively ID the source of this issue, if possible...

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This is an interesting one. By any chance, are there any other devices connected to the television aside from the sound bar?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usersGKNe6sRr8
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I think the issue was that I had "Power On with Mobile" option turned on; I can't imagine what, but I think something on my network is triggering it

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Just want to confirm does this occur with nothing connected to the TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes