2.4 ghz Wifi problem

(Topic created: 04-19-2024 02:17 PM)
Alaa77
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

hi

I have galaxy A73

After I update my phone to one ui 6 I can't connect to 2.4ghz wifi network. But I can connect to 5 ghz wifi.

Please help me if there is a solution to fix that

Thanks

6 Replies
kerrid
Explorer
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The 5 ghz is faster. Is there a reason that you want to connect to the slower wifi?
0 Likes
Alaa77
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Some routers don't support 5g , they have only 2.4g.

This is my reason.

Thanks

0 Likes
GeeZerrr
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Check Wi-Fi Settings: Ensure your phone is set to connect to the 2.4 GHz band, often labeled as “b” or “g.”

Forget and Reconnect: Remove the 5 GHz network from your phone’s memory and try reconnecting to the 2.4 GHz network.

Router Configuration:

Access your router’s settings via its IP address.Use separate SSIDs for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.Set the 2.4 GHz channel width to 20 MHz.Choose a non-overlapping channel, like 1, 6, or 11.Ensure security settings are correct (WPA2, AES).

Interference and Range: Minimize interference by avoiding devices like microwaves and cordless phones. Move closer to the router or use a Wi-Fi extender.

Restart Devices: Turn off both your router and phone, then turn them back on.

Update Firmware: Check for and install any available firmware updates for your router.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, contact your router’s support or your phone’s customer service

0 Likes
GeeZerrr
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Did this work before, and what was the latest thing you changed.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You should be able to, unless the networks are combined in your router, in which case the phone will always chhose the faster network. If you have them separate, and can still not connect, you may need to reset your network connections in the phone setting. This will reset all your connections, and you will have to re-establish them.
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Download a wifi analyzer from play store. It will show you if your phone is receiving 2.4ghz and 5ghz band widths and what channels are being broadcast and strongest channels etc. Thats one half of the problem solved if you can receive these.
The wifi analyzer I use shows all 2.4 and 5 bands being broadcast in my area by name of ssid and what bandwidth and channel my phone is connected to and signal strength.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes