Original topic:

A15 Sound picker app crashing

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 06:35 PM)
userW9GWQOYW5K
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My son's set an annoying sound for notifications on his A15. I cannot change it. It says sec sound picker keeps crashing. I've gone into system apps, cleared data and cache, restarted the phone, and it still won't work. Help me get rid of this notification sound!
3 Replies
Lee9
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I ran into the same issue yesterday: changed my ringtone, went to change it back and secsoundpicker keeps crashing and being disabled.  Unfortunately, research showed me this is a chronic issue across multiple Samsung phones. Only recommendation that anyone has found to work over the last several *years* is reset of the phone. Yep, wipe start fresh.

But all is not lost. If you/your son has a sound file, that can be used for the ringtone, saved elsewhere on the phone (audio folder on internal or external storage) you can open it, and under the setting/options menu select "use as ringtone". You may need to grant permissions to make system changes to your folder explorer program, but that is how I got mine changed. 

0 Likes
Kat24
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you. Had same problem. I found if I could play the sound file in Samsung Music, I could select "Set as" in the list after pressing the 3 dots. It then can be selected as the phone ringtone. Also, amazingly the app is now working, and all my previous ringtones are now available. 

0 Likes
me_jacq
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

yesterday I had a similar problem. sound picker kept crashing after I used a program to create a new ringtone. I think the length of the file name makes it crash (not sure if that is the reason but something with that file is causing the trouble). Searched for the ringtone files found it in the folder sounds  and removed the current ringtone where it was crashing on.  After that the sound picker was again working like expected.

jacq

0 Likes