Original topic:

Any figure out the tmobile software problem? I have a galaxy a14 5g (sm-a146u)

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 07:45 PM)
wheezInNeedz
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I've tried just about all but factory reset. Switch carriers with code/achnologment of doing so. Will not update, and half of the function do not work as well 
9 Replies
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Hello,

Can you please add more details to your question? What are your software issues? I am guessing you are unable to update but you also mention half of the functions don't work.

Please let me know so I can try to give you a hand.
0 Likes
wheezInNeedz
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Network unlocked a14 5g. Have just about all numbers associates with the phone, imei, sim,pin,puk,etc. Research says tmobile has a problem with certain ones so I tried testing the codes ro diagnose with little to no success. I now have a notebook full of notes and engineering but no updated phone.
0 Likes
wheezInNeedz
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
And the phone is only 8 months activated
0 Likes
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So the phone works but you aren't receiving updates?
0 Likes
wheezInNeedz
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Exactly. It's stuck on one ui 5.1 android 13. Every time I attempt update I get a message saying interruption, try again in 24 hours. I've tried looking to see if I could force it to download on service menus but to no evail
0 Likes
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I don't have that specific phone, I would try the following:

https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/why-is-my-samsung-galaxy-phone-does-not-update-the...

Another option could be to take it to T-Mobile and see what they have to say.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I didn't know there was any problem with T-Mobile.  I'm on T-Mobile with a factory unlocked A54 5G obtained in November.  Shortly after I put it into service, I got the Android 14/OneUI6.0 update.  Been running fine for me.  I guess mine is not one of the models they had a problem with. 

I've seen some posts on here about how to force the update/obtain the APK for it, but you would have to search for those.

0 Likes
wheezInNeedz
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you I'll look into it
0 Likes
wheezInNeedz
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
For anyone currently looking for the answer i think I discovered it. At@t has a strong policy on only updated phones for their network as well as locking the updates for their originally provided phones. This case easiest solution is to use an at@t active sim to update. After that you should be fine. I'll update after I do so
0 Likes