Original topic:

Call button off center with new dialer app update 15.1.85 on A54

(Topic created: 06-15-2024 09:26 AM)
userL7yMe2TQTW
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I don't like this dialer's display when using keypad. The green c*ll button if off center. there is a voicemail button and there is a video c*ll button. Either make it an option to remove VM and VC and center the green button or give us the option to revert back to the pre 15.1.85.

Stop making changes YOU THINK we will like. Options, options, options.

20 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@userL7yMe2TQTW I know that asymmetrical elements can sometimes be annoying. I'm guessing that you have carrier locked device? My unlocked device is using 15.1.87 and the keypad has a centered c all button. The VM and VC buttons are placed on the keypad by the carrier. The unlocked devices have neither. So, maybe your carrier's team created this off center situation. 

Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My Samsung phone app is currently on 15.1.87 unlocked device. Whew, I was told by tech support; and, no, not Samsung, that my phone app version was incorrect. Luckily, you verified the info for me. I appreciate your trusted support! Merci beaucoup!!!
0 Likes
userL7yMe2TQTW
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It is possible since my phone is AT&T locked. Don't even have OEM Unlock. But it would be nice if I could revert back to, say, 15.1.15 version instead of being forced to this version. I tried to revert back by downloading an APK but it wouldn't let me. Guess I might have to change dialers if this is not corrected. I am on the A54 5G by the way.

Thanks for the update.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have that version of the dialer and I don't see any difference than what was there before  (hope I don't jinx it), everything is symmetrical. Screenshot_20240615_124427_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20240615_124519_Call settings.jpg

userL7yMe2TQTW
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Here is what mine looks like.Screenshot_20240615_094955_Phone.jpg

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@userL7yMe2TQTW Oh, wow! That is certainly off center. 

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Ouch.  That is ugly and would drive me batty.  I have an A54, but also have a factory unlocked phone, so no carrier forcing their stuff on me.  

You can download another dialer app, such as Phone by Google (or any other) and make it your default dialing app - provided AT&T doesn't lock you out of that. 

I know for a lot of people getting a carrier locked phone is a good option with the deals they offer, but there are so, so many advantages to having a factory unlocked phone.

Treesapp
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Oh WOW... Yeah that's bad. All I can advise is to go into phone settings and go to the bottom and click on the contact us. Mine is off as well but not as bad. Good luck and please update if you got it fixed.

1000002971.jpg

userL7yMe2TQTW
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

So do you think this really might be an AT&T issue, not Samsung? I checked to see if there were any updates, but nothing. Might go to the Samsung Store and see what they have there.