Original topic:

Galaxy A54 Not Getting Texts After Leaving Airplane Mode

(Topic created: 03-05-2024 07:29 PM)
Members_bBu2qwc
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If my phone is in normal mode then text messages come through.

However, if my phone is in airplane mode then missed text messages do not get saved and are not sent to me later. Senders do not get an error message, either. So, I am missing all text messages sent to me when my phone is in airplane mode.

I've been using the Samsung messaging app (ver. 15.0.20.5) as my default.

I'm using the ATT network but I buy access through a reseller. I used the same reseller and phone number with my Galaxy S10 and I never had this problem.

11 Mar 2024 Update:

It appears that I have now identified the problem.

I downloaded Fossify SMS Messenger via F-Droid and set it as my default messaging app. Now, after I return to standard mode, I get text messages sent to me in airplane mode.

To be sure, I switched back to Samsung's app and the problem reoccurred. In short, it seems that Samsung's messaging app doesn't work properly on my Samsung phone.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Use Google Messages, you will get them when out of Airplane Mode.
Members_bBu2qwc
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I don't totally trust Samsung but I have far less trust for Google. I would be willing to try an open source SMS app but I haven't searched for any.

In any case, I should be able to use the Samsung default messaging app on my Samsung phone and I would like a solution that addresses that problem.

0 Likes