Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A54 5g won't update

(Topic created: 04-21-2024 10:28 AM)
lilantbu
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I purchased my phone refurbished from back market and the latest update won't show. I'm not sure what is going on but I like this phone and I wish it would update since the new update roll out, it hasn't reached my phone. is there anyone else experiencing the same issue? 

0 Likes
21 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can try plugging in your phone to a computer and see if a update is available with Smartswitch

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
lilantbu
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'll try that, is there any steps to follow on how to do it through smartswitch
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Just plug the USB into the computer, open smarts witch. If there's an update it should direct you what to do.
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It won't check for updates either in the software information? What's the last update you had?
0 Likes
lilantbu
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I haven't had an update since I purchased this phone. I purchased it back in December 2023
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
OK. Yea the A54 got android 14 in Dec. It's had, depending on your carrier, 4 security updates this year. So, you've gone to software Update in the phone and tried to download the update?
0 Likes
lilantbu
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
yes, and it says software is up to date showing oneui 5.1. I bought it refurbished and unlocked off of backmarket.
0 Likes
lilantbu
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have boost mobile and I transferred my Sim from the a53 that I bought straight off the boost mobile website to the a54 unlocked from back market
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
OK Byea I have an unlocked also on boost. Yea it should be 6.0. Have you gone in and tried to download the security and playstore update?
0 Likes