Original topic:

Weather App login

(Topic created: a month ago)
gegphotojr
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I subscribe to Weather app on my Samsung Galaxy A54 5G mobile phone. How do login to my subscription when open the app?

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
9 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You would need to open the app you subscribed to and see if they are a login button or something 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
gegphotojr
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I know that. However, when I login and then leave the app I have to log back in when I come back to the app. There is no option to remain logged in. IOW, the login is not sticky.
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That has to be a security feature of the app making you sign in every time nothing can be done about that. 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
gegphotojr
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So, managing location so that I have my local weather always on display at my home page has nothing to do with whether I'm logged in?
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

No.  Logging into the app (or paying for a subscription) gives you access to certain premium features within the app (and maybe within the widget).  If you just want your weather to display, just use the built in weather app on the phone and drop your subscription.  Unless the premium features are the reason you are subscribing.

gegphotojr
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes, subscribed for premium features. Thanks for responding.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Likes
gegphotojr
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Apparently, that is correct. The weather showing in the app (and showing on home page) and what locations you have added have nothing to do with subscription to premium. I subscribed to get access to premium features.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

As far as staying logged into the app, though, there may be something in the settings inside the app to keep you logged in, or at least enable biometrics.  Many apps have additional settings that don't appear in the phone app settings.

0 Likes
gegphotojr
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This is exasperating! Doesn't make any sense that a subscription to the weather app doesn't allow me to stay logged in to the weather. After I open the weather app I have to have to go to weather.com to log in, but the login doesn't remain when I return to the app.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Likes