Original topic:

S10e Updated to Android 12 One UI 4 - DON'T DO IT

(Topic created: 01-25-2022 03:33 AM)
1joester2
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

My S10e was updated to Android 12 One UI 4 a week ago.
1. The battery indicator defaults to off, and when I restore it, 0% is all it ever displays regardless of battery charge remaining. I have to drill down through settings to see how much charge remains.
2. Every phone restart brings a notification that Gear VR (not installed) needs to be removed due to a known incompatibility between One UI 4 and Gear VR. Allowing this instead removes Facebook and Messenger. Others on the Android forum I follow report Instagram is also removed. I don't use that so I wouldn't experience that.
This seems limited to the S10 series phones.
If you got lucky and found this BEFORE you update, DON'T DO IT.

0 Likes
6 Replies
SeaBlock2021
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12

I updated my 10e and didn't see this battery issue. Was there anything else but might've set this off? Either way I suggest sending an error report to Samsung Members!

1joester2
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Samsung support has remoted into my phone and confirmed the issues. I spent about an hour on Meta support (they own both Oculus and FB) and they are aware and investigating the issue.
Jetjock69
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I have the same "Uninstall Gear VR" and a problem with messenger going down. Uninstaller also removed FB.
pork1
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
It will upload any how you can delete 3 Time but then ir Updates on it's own
0 Likes
1joester2
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Found out how to restore the battery remaining display this morning.
Put your phone into developer mode, and enable Demo mode. Then restart the phone.
Settings/About Phone/Software Information - Tap "Build Number" 7 times. You will need to enter  your passcode. This puts you into developer mode.
Go back to settings and you now have Developer Options. Open it and then open Demo mode. Enable Demo and enable Show Demo. Restart your phone.

After restarting, you can go back into settings and turn Demo mode off and exit developer mode.

You're welcome!

0 Likes
1joester2
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Battery issue RESOLVED - See below!

0 Likes