JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 freezing and restarts

(Topic created: 12-24-2021 10:54 PM)
userLrhNVQivkc
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

UPDATE: I sent my phone in for motherboard replacement. Samsung determined from the error report I sent in that the device memory is corrupted, causing kernel panics. I am waiting for them to fix it as of Jan 3.

Hi guys, how many of you guys are experiencing random freezes and restarts on the S21?

It is EXTREMELY annoying and as a flagship phone this quality control is ******.
BTW, my phone froze and restartedIN  safe mode. So like@SelfProclaimedBest mentioned, it should either be an OS level issue... or a hardware issue. Lets hope they can fix it through OTA.

I have no clue if it were a hardware issue or software issue. The phone was fine first three months I got it (June 2021-Sep) then it starts acting up.
Samsung up your game. This QC is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE at flagship level.

PSA: To anyone who says about flashing OEM firmware- the bootloader is LOCKED in some variants (mine is SM-G991U1, which has locked bootloader) therefore flashing firmware is impossible. 
20 Replies
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Android 12
Agreed
Langhua626389
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
My S21 T Mobile got new updates to Andtoud 12 UI4.0, but some apps while using suddenly crash. Are any people experiencing this issue?
Everman
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Yes!  So annoying and terrible experience.

Dobeluvr
Nebula
Options
Android 12
Yes many of us
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Android 12

I would recommend conducting a partition cache clear which should remedy the issue if it is a software bug brought on by one of the updates. Here are the steps:
https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-5g/wipe-cache-partition-sa...
If that doesn't work the next step would be to backup your data and do a factory reset. If no luck with this piece of troubleshooting then more than likely it is a hardware issue and you'll need to get it checked at a repair center for replacement or repair.

Edit from a Mod to add link to UBIF a authorized Samsung service center: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations 

userLrhNVQivkc
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Hi, thank you for your reply.

Already tried all, plus safe mode...it FROZE in safe mode... Im ranting about the quality control of a flagship phone...

This shouldn't be allowed to happen. I am aware of many other threads and comments about restart and freezing issues as well so it is more prevalent than it should be. - edit: formatting
Dobeluvr
Nebula
Options
Android 12
This is getting ridiculous. My restarts are more frequent. I have done everything except factory reset. I am tempted to look at Apple. Paid a fortune for this flagship phone. Samsung should have fixed this by now.
userLrhNVQivkc
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
I sent mine in for a mobo replacement.
0 Likes
Dobeluvr
Nebula
Options
Android 12
Let us know if that solves the problem.
0 Likes