JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Continued audio problems on Samsung laptop

(Topic created: 12-31-2022 10:10 PM)
sjb97
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Over the past few days, the audio has suddenly stopped working on my  Samsung laptop (Galaxy Book Flex2 alpha). No sound comes out of the headphone jack and speakers, but the system doesn't recognize that there is any problem. The computer thinks that sound is coming out. Bluetooth audio works fine for both input and output. 

I've completed all the normal steps (running diagnostics/troubleshooting, reinstalling/updating audio drivers, resetting Windows 11, turning off enhanced audio) and am at a loss for what to do next. I have no reason to believe that any physical damage occurred to the hardware, but I wanted to check with other Samsung users before I tried to bring it in for repair.

Thank you in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Something that I would recommend if you have not done it yet would be to make sure that you have the correct audio device selected in your sound control panel, as not selecting it will cause issues like this to happen. After that, I would make sure to try other headphones to confirm its the headphone jack.

If you have made sure of this then the next step would be service. As your laptop is out of warranty you will need to call our depot center for service. You can reach them at 1-310-669-4334

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
sjb97
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I'll note that this computer is just over a year old and has had no other problems in that time. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Something that I would recommend if you have not done it yet would be to make sure that you have the correct audio device selected in your sound control panel, as not selecting it will cause issues like this to happen. After that, I would make sure to try other headphones to confirm its the headphone jack.

If you have made sure of this then the next step would be service. As your laptop is out of warranty you will need to call our depot center for service. You can reach them at 1-310-669-4334

0 Likes