Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Book Go 5G (Windows 11 Arm laptop) LCD replacement

(Topic created: 03-03-2022 06:16 AM)
cristianadam
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi,

Since the Samsung Galaxy Book Go 5G had a poor quality LCD I decided to make an upgrade.

A local repair shop has installed an Innolux N140HCR-GA2 LCD which is a better LCD display (found also in Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2019).

Unfortunately the Qualcomm Adreno 690 display driver is no longer working properly. The mouse and keyboard input are ignored and the user interface of Windows 11 freezes.

By booting to Safe Mode or disabling the Qualcomm Adreno 690 GPU driver (and using the Microsoft Basic Video Driver) the problem goes away, but there is no display dimming, no 2D or 3D acceleration.

Is there anything I can do to have the laptop usable again? Are there any other compatible LCD screens?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cristianadam
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I fixed my problem by replacing the LCD with an Innolux N140HCE-EN2. 

Below are the differences between the two LCDs. I don't know what the original LCD the laptop had. 

galaxy-go-monitor.png 

I'm happy that the laptop is usable again.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
cristianadam
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I recorded a video to showcase the problem I'm facing. The trackpad is working fine, it's the mouse cursor which freezes and sometimes the UI doesn't the drawn, due to frames being dropped.

0 Likes
cristianadam
Asteroid
Options
Computers

By using the Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) I got these values for the new LCD: 

adreno-690.png

What values does have the regular LCD found on a Samsung Galaxy Book Go 5G?

0 Likes
Solution
cristianadam
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I fixed my problem by replacing the LCD with an Innolux N140HCE-EN2. 

Below are the differences between the two LCDs. I don't know what the original LCD the laptop had. 

galaxy-go-monitor.png 

I'm happy that the laptop is usable again.

0 Likes