JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23: Can the microphone icon be moved?

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 08:20 PM)
Jeff-H-N-Son
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

My microphone moved to the bottom left corner of my phone it's very annoying, how do I put it back?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Jeff-H-N-Son 

You can set your Keyboard spacebar as the button if that helps until its made moveable 

Settings 

General Management 

Samsung Keyboard Settings

scroll down to Swipe, Touch and Feedback

and set Touch and hold spacebar to Voice input 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there.

This was a change made to One UI 6.1. Unfortunately, there is no way to change this other than removing the shortcut entirely or using another keyboard such as Gboard.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Jeff-H-N-Son 

You can set your Keyboard spacebar as the button if that helps until its made moveable 

Settings 

General Management 

Samsung Keyboard Settings

scroll down to Swipe, Touch and Feedback

and set Touch and hold spacebar to Voice input 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Rick777
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

What is the point it will still be in the bottom corner we want to know how to remove that ridiculous microphone icon that them clown at Samsung added 

Jeff-H-N-Son
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Ty
Perry45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

This change is so dumb, it is not even working disabling the button and trying to access it over spacebar tap feature, because it will tell you, you have to activate the lower bottom bar just for that. And this takes up 10-15% of the screen just to enable speech input. That's SOOOO dumb.

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

FYI this change was actually dictated by Google.  Google creates the Android operating system, and has say over the location of elements, even within the OneUI shell, as they want a consistent experience.

0 Likes