Original topic:

Buds Live tap features no longer work after phone updated to Android 14

(Topic created: 11-29-2023 06:51 AM)
BuffStar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

OK, maybe one of you can help me. I have the galaxy buds live and after my Galaxy S23 ultra updated to android 14 dmfor the OneUI 6.0 update. My headphones now no longer do the tap to pause or unpause, they won't even do the tap to skip, rewind or even answer or hang up the call. This started after the update. I have already reset and redid the pairing of the earbuds. I gave even uninstalled and reinstalled the wear app. Nothing seems to be a fix. I don't want to continue to use the earbuds if they just are not going to function anymore. I would rather buy new earbuds. Help??? 

0 Likes
8 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

have you looked at the "touch controls" settings in the Wear app to see if everything is set up there properly?

0 Likes
BuffStar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yep. it does the little beep to let me know of the touch but does not actually do anything. They worked fine before the update. Now they connect and play the audio but nothing else. Samsung from chat support keeps saying that my phone does not show any issues.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds
I used Live buds for years...loved them. HOWEVER, they appear to be, for all practical purposes, no longer supported. Several months ago I switched over to the Buds2 Pro. something to consider.
BuffStar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
The main reason I got them is I don't like things going into my ear canals. Are they comfortable in the ear?
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

That was my concern all along. I wear hearing aids, and they're comfortable. But ear buds, for the longest, were just awful in the canal. The Buds2 Pro are surprisingly quite comfortable. So I use only the left bud and keep a hearing aid in the right ear when I'm driving, or am on the phone moving around the house.

BuffStar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I will have to look into them. Thank you
IRStaten
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
My buds work fine.. have u tried to factory reset them ?
0 Likes
BuffStar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yep. 3 times.
0 Likes