JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I use my Buds pro's for hearing protection.

(Topic created: 12-24-2022 01:42 PM)
Rob104
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Dear Samsung, 

I have a new marketing idea for you, HEARING PROTECTION!

After years of loud music as a soundman, I have developed tinnitus, and am now very protective of my hearing. I still like going to loud concerts and movies, but they were just too loud for me to tolerate, so I started using earplugs to save my hearing, but of course, everything is just muffled. 

I have the original Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro, I wore them at a recent Journey concert using the ambient mode, and they worked great as I was able to adjust the ambient mode settings to an enjoyable level and quality. They are also working great at the movies. So thank you, thank you, thank you. Of course, I also appreciate the benefits of ANC, as I can play audio at a much lower volume. 

I just purchased the buds2 pros, and was disappointed that the ambient app settings are less refined than the Bud pro settings. I need the more refined control of the ambient mode sound quality that the Bud pros allow, and I would even love to see you add better tone control (EQ) to the ambient sound.

I hope you will restore the original ambiant sound feathers to the Buds2 Pro in a future update.

As I said, you could have a new massive market in hearing protection/enjoyment for loud events. If you think about it, you would have no market at all if everyone went deaf.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

4 Replies
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
The only issue is if they market them as hearing protection, just like with water resistance, people will push it to it's extremes and then blame Samsung when they lose their hearing.
Rob104
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Tru, there are always two sides... I am still thankful that I have a workable option with the Buds Pro for now.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Buds
Agreed.