JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fold 5 Lock screen notifications extremely dim

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userZcok8lzyTq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
No settings were changed before or after the upgrade, and now the notifications that pop up on the front lock screen of the Galaxy Fold 5 are way too dim to view. 

This happened once before back around the New Year I think and I was able to fix it after a LOT of tinkering, but I don't remember how. I think someone said it might have been an issue with the Always On Display Adaptive Brightness, even though I never used AOD... but regardless, I got it fixed before.

But of course, now Samsung thinks it's best to take things they've always done, and moved settings to an entirely different place and removed some functionality.... So you basically can't change anything on AOD except whether to show music and when to have AOD on. 

The strange thing is when I go to edit the edge lighting for new notifications and it previews a new text or notification, everything is the correct brightness and looks great, like it does when you get a notification when the phone is on and unlocked. 

I have turned on and off every single brightness and power saving setting, adaptive brightness on/off, extra brightness on/off, AOD on/off, every single thing that is available to change and in every possible combination. 

IN WHAT WORLD WOULD YOU EVER WANT A NOTIFICATION TO APPEAR COMPLETELY DARK AND NOT VISIBLE AT ALL!?!? 

PLEASE FIX THIS, OR TELL ME HOW TO. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Advancesuperman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Here is the fix for it.
New LockStar v6.1.00.11:exclamation_mark:️

One UI 6.1 support is here along with:
• Edit AOD function
• AOD manual brightness control

Compatibility: Requires AOD v8.7.99.11 or later

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Advancesuperman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Here is the fix for it.
New LockStar v6.1.00.11:exclamation_mark:️

One UI 6.1 support is here along with:
• Edit AOD function
• AOD manual brightness control

Compatibility: Requires AOD v8.7.99.11 or later
0 Likes
userZcok8lzyTq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Sorry, I'm a new, how would I download or install that?
0 Likes
Advancesuperman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Go to Samsung store and search for good lock download and install. Lock star is one of the modules in it.
0 Likes