Original topic:

Google Voice-To-Text and Voice Recorder app cannot hear me. Fix it Samsung!

(Topic created: 03-28-2024 03:05 PM)
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have a Galaxy Z Fold 3. I love using the voice-to-text feature to send text messages, and also record audio messages. Yesterday during the day, I was able to use voice-to-text just fine. 

There were no updates installed on my phone yesterday and no new apps installed. I didn't make any changes to my settings. Last night I sent an audio message but my voice was not recorded even though it seemed to be listening and recording.

My Google voice-to-text no longer records my voice and neither does the voice recording app (but they appear to be listening.) Google Assistant no longer works and Bixby no longer responds to verbal commands.

Oddly enough, people hear me just fine during phone calls, video calls, and when I record a video using my camera you can hear me, and when I Shazam music, my microphone hears the music and gives me results, so the microphone is working. 

I spent almost 1 hour on the phone with a Samsung Tech support, and he had full control over my phone and he did several troubleshooting strategies. I retrained my voice for Google Assistant. He even had me reset my settings of my phone. He could not get Google voice-to-text or the Voice recording app to record my voice, even though it showed the apps were listening. Google Assistant and Bixby still do not respond. Google has all the necessary permissions to my microphone and other permissions. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? The only thing the Samsung tech could recommend is to buy a new $1800 phone and trade in my phone. I'm not doing that. My phone is paid off and works fine besides these 2 issues.
3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, Welcome to the Community, and thank you for reaching out. We understand how frustrating it is when your phone is not working correctly.

We do have a troubleshooting article here for concerns with the Mic: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249/

If troubleshooting is unable to resolve the concerns you are experiencing, service is recommended. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
None of those tips worked SAMSUNG, SO IT IS NOT AN ACCEPTED SOLUTION FOR ME!!

It is NOT a microphone problem if the microphone works for everything else except voice to text! Since my microphone works for phone calls and everything else, it is not damaged. I have tried Gboard, and voice to text does not work using that keyboard either. The separate voice recorder app also stopped working. I hate it when Samsung doesn't own up to their shortcomings. Why would I pay hundreds of dollars to have the phone "serviced" when it's obvious it's a Samsung software glitch?? I am not the only person having this problem. Smh. Please fix YOUR GLITCH.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
4-2-24 I performed a full factory reset, and only have the apps installed on the phone that come with the phone. Google Voice to text still does not work. Oddly enough, Google Assistant worked for a few minutes, then stopped working.. But I really need voice to text to work!
0 Likes