JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One 6.1 slows the charging speed

(Topic created: a month ago)
Mello_o
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
First thanks Samsung bring us One UI 6.1 today for S23 and Fold 5. However the version we got has big issues! The charging speed all lock in 15w whatever the charger used and even the system show: "super fast charging". I am using original Samsung 25w charger, my fold 5 was working good, fast charging can feel the speed. Today, I see the Twitter and Reddit, a lot of user got this issue. S23 series and Fold. Please fix it for us asap. Whoever update One UI 6.1 today, test your phone charging speed. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mello_o
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I see this article too.. Yes, make sense. Today I tried at lower phone battery percent, can be around 20w... And also once big system upgrade, Samsung phone need some time to learn/adapt the new system and perform will better.. Today I can feel the battery is better. Thanks for your care.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
Options
Galaxy Fold
Same
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

What app is that? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Mello_o
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Electron, you can find in play store
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thanks.  Wattage is also dependent on how low the battery is.  As the battery gets closer to full charge the wattage decreases. 

I would check the app when you have say 20% of your charge left and see if the wattage increases.  For instance, my phone is almost fully charged and that app is showing a 2-3 watt charge rate. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Mello_o
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Okay... Will look forward to seeing your feedback...
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold

And check your's as well when it gets low.  Also, perform a soft reset by pressing and holding Power and Vol Down until the phone reboots. 

Bill
---
S23ut
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Same problem here, upgrade on my s23 ultra and speed is knocked down to 10/15w using same set up

0 Likes
Mello_o
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes, obviously can feel the speed is slow. Even I tested when battery is lower, the speed still not working normally as 25w fast charge before.....
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold
No charge throttling according to Sammobile

https://www.sammobile.com/news/did-samsung-throttle-galaxy-s23-charging-speed-one-ui-6-1/

Bill
---