JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android 11 broke Auto-rotate

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 08:54 AM)
userTaytoX91T9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I updated my S10 (Verizon) to Android 11 when it was released this week and it seems to have broken auto-rotate or the driver for the accelerometer. The phone no longer can sense when the phone is rotated and only defaults to one side when full screen is selected. 

I have spread restarted, ensured the auto rotate setting is on, tried turning it off and then on. I have downloaded an app that let's me manually rotate to fix the problem.

I'm only posting here because I cannot find a way to contact Samsung and report the bug.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones
first and last Samsung phone
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones
unfortunately that solution does not work. I already did that and it's broke again
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones
this bug also effects the sensors when you make a phone call. where the backlight is supposed to come on and off when you move the phone away and to your ear as well. only a reboot will resolve this issue
0 Likes
usercidaC16Dov
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same exact issue on my Galaxy Note 10+. Do you know if there is any fix? Is there any way to tell Samsung about this? If this issue doesn't get fixed soon, I'll probably trade in my smartphone for a oneplus. It's hilarious how a 1200$ smartphone didn't last a single year. 

0 Likes
crazysaguaro
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I haven't found a fix yet.  I don't know if it's a Samsung issue or an issue with the way Android 11 does the rotation/lock.  It seems to go app by app.  Some apps respect the orientation and rotation lock, these include Twitter, CNBC, Chrome, eBay; and more.  Others completely ignore the orientation & lock; these include Walmart, Duolingo, Words with Friends, Coinbase. 

I remember this same exact thing happened when they went from Android 9 to 10 and it took forever to fix.  I don't know if it's an issue of the app developers having to recode their apps to be 100% Android 11 compatible or if it's an Android issue.

-Gina

0 Likes
usercidaC16Dov
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately it's not only the rotation, but also the luminosity sensor, proximity sensor and the compass that stop working. This makes the smartphone almost unusable. I have to continuously reboot it. Already factory resetted 3 times without success.

0 Likes
Y4123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have this issue and an issue with app icons randomly breaking, wish I didn't update because this will probably never be fixed

0 Likes
user1FGXz1e25g
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same issue with android 11, galaxy s10 plus. Rotation and light sensors go completely dead, several hours after reboot, every time. Extremely infuriating, find a fix guys, it's been months! 

0 Likes
usercidaC16Dov
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Up

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes