Original topic:

Auto correction on our phones

(Topic created: 01-04-2024 07:59 AM)
Moseph
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Spoiler
I only came here because my frustration with your type and text software reached a level that if Samsung was a person, and in front of me, I would ask them, "why do you make phones that feel like they're trying to fight us? Hopefully my anger wouldn't get back to where it is now, because if it did, I would slap them and throw their product at their face.

If your phone thinks a word is misspelled, stop forcing the phone to select a whole word when I just want to place the cursor next to the letter I want to change. The word I wrote is the right **bleep** word, I just hit a wrong **bleep** letter.

Stop hiding privacy setting so you can keep scraping info.

If I'm texting someone and your autocorrect doesn't recognize a word, it will change it to what it thinks i ment to say as I'm typing, so I stop, go back and erase your word to put mine, and it changes it again. If I do that 3 fricking times or more, maybe your autocorrect should have a way to learn individually used words. The words I'm using are grammatically **bleep** correct

this phone is so smart.... and so dumb.

There's a LOT more but after a few years my agitation is raising while even just trying to explain a few issues so I will stop.

My next phone will be an apple product dispite that I can't stand the company. I will also, in detail, explain all the issues I've had with Samsung phones to everyone I know who asks about it or asks why i switched to apple. I deal with the constant frustration mostly because I can't stand your competition. To me, you've lost the edge that brought me to your products over others.
5 Replies
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try using Gboard instead of Samsung keyboard. It is vastly superior.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can just double tap a misspelled word to place the cursor instead of highlighting it. You can also tap the checkmark on the autocorrect suggestion bar to add a word to dictionary.
user90C385eOuH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I kind of see that work, but not always; sometimes it keeps highlighting the whole word, but it's working here! Here, after it worked once now I can click within any word. So weird. But thank you to the OP and your answer, it's so good to find an actual answer to the actual question i had!
0 Likes
jbjbjbjbjb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Mine will change a word that I typed correctly to a word I have probably never typed before in my life (and capitalize it?!?!) and when I click on it to change it back, it will not give me the option to change it back. And more often than not, it will highlight the words surrounding it and suggest I either add a comma in the middle for no apparent reason, or delete all three words!!
0 Likes
frustrated77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm with you. autocorrect is a complete nightmare on this Samsung and will never buy another
0 Likes