Original topic:

Feature Request: S Pen Upgrade Idea (custom gestures)

(Topic created: 04-06-2024 08:06 PM)
JordanMAX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello Samsung & Users,

Could you potentially add a custom gesture in the S pen so we can unlock the phone remotely with the pen, or another miscellaneous task? Not an important idea but that'd be very convenient since sometimes I bring my s pen when I get up and when I come back, I can already have the phone unlocked for me when I sit down.

Not a too important either but what if you make the S pen out of a higher material like a magnesium alloy? Keeps it light but it feels more premium and durable than plastic.
9 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That a great idea but would be kinda hard considering they would need to add a larger battery and add a fingerprint sensor the spen would be too large to fix inside the phone

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
JordanMAX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
True, then maybe a gesture instead to unlock the phone? A custom one that only the user knows.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That'll make the spen more expensive and would use more battery. Accelerometers that small are extremely expensive.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not to mention the capacitor in the pen wouldn't have enough power for it.
0 Likes
JordanMAX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
For a simple assignable gesture? I doubt that but whatever you think I guess
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes. How will the pen or the phone know what that gesture is? It has no bearing of the relationship of the pen in space.
0 Likes
JordanMAX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It does? Air gestures. OR, make an already SET air gesture and just make that ONE gesture do a certain task. It's not as complicated as your making it really
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sounds like a great way to open a monstrous security vulnerability every time you have your spen out. Someone could potentially unlock your phone by waving around an s-pen.
0 Likes
JordanMAX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's fair. Wish you could hold it a specific way or something but I just wanted an improvement to the S pen after 3+ years.
0 Likes