JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 security in 2023

(Topic created: 05-21-2023 10:16 AM)
Anthony1872
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi. I am a paying member of Bitdefender and was just wondering how secure my S8 is on a scale of 1 to 10? I went to settings and checked whether there are any available patches--I don't expect the phone to get patches because it's so old; I love it, though-- lots of room, always-on-display, and the fingerprint scanner. 
Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is so old that it no longer gets any security patch anymore. So on a scale of 1-10, 1 being very vulnerable its at a 1. Even with bitfinder or any antivirus program, it is still very vulnerable and I would advise you to upgrade.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is so old that it no longer gets any security patch anymore. So on a scale of 1-10, 1 being very vulnerable its at a 1. Even with bitfinder or any antivirus program, it is still very vulnerable and I would advise you to upgrade.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you ever seen the movie Tommy Boy? Chris Farley does a pretty good job describing how good a warranty is, definitely sort of the same thing you're asking.

I won't rate it because I know nothing about your question at hand. But honestly I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into a superficial number that can be inflated one way or the other quite easily