Original topic:

Lost Wide Angle Video Option while using GameChanger

(Topic created: 03-05-2024 07:15 AM)
adude13
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have been streaming my son's baseball games for over a year using GameChanger and a Galaxy S20 FE 5G phone. We started our Spring season this past weekend and when I tried to start the stream the Wide Angle option (.5x) was no longer an option in the GameChanger App. It is still there using the phone's standard camera outside of GC. I only use this phone to stream their games so I have not changed any of the options since I used it for our last tournament in November. The only options available trying to use GC this past weekend were 1x and 8x and it would not let me manually zoom out to anything less than 1x. There were several updates pushed out by Samsung since Nov as they loaded repeatedly when I powered up the phone and prepared for this past weekend's games. I have also opened a ticket with GC Support but I'm not aware of any updates they pushed out that would have affected the camera options. The phone has been power off a number of times since the last install and I also tried un-installing and re-installing GameChanger, option is still not there. I have searched on-line to see if I could find anyone else that is or has recently reported a similar problem, but no luck finding information so far. I would really like to avoid having to buy a new phone, especially since unless I can identify what may have changed to cause this issue, I would be guessing at what other phone may have the same issue. I have always kept this phone up to date as far as installing Samsung updates and have not altered the standard install. Again, the wide angle video streaming option has worked perfectly for over a year. Is there any way I can go back to a previous update to see if the wide angle option is restored or can you tell me any settings that I may be able to change that may fix the issue. I stream the games so my son's grandparents are able to see him play as their health does not allow them to attend his games. The rest of the team's families also rely on the streaming option for similar reasons. The first weekend tournament was ruined in terms of being able to watch the games remotely and now that the season has started, the next tournament is just a few days away. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thank-you.  One UI ver 5.1, Android ver 13 Build# TP1A.220624.014.G781USQSEHXA1, Kernel ver 4.19.113-27223811

0 Replies