JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-14-2019 07:15 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
903 Replies
Samsung_Po2QFhs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Taken to to storage on my ph.

0 Likes
useruilOO5S7xU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This has NOT been resolved.    I've tried all the settings and check to verify I have the latest updates.  I have to disable WIFI in order to get connection to the internet.    WHERE'S THE FIX.....

DagwudCornelius
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I will tell you this is not a Samsung issue. I have Verizon and even with my old Motorola phone I could not force WiFi calling, it's the carrier. Where I live I might get one bar of 3G with Verizon depending on which way the wind blows, or maybe 1x data, but it jumps around so much it basically disables the ability to use WiFi calling since you cannot force it due to carrier restrictions. It is preferred only, but the network will ALWAYS prefer a cellular signal over WiFi for whatever reason. It is ridiculous yes, but not a Samsung or phone maker issue. I ended up getting an extender through Verizon for free because of it.

0 Likes
Samsung_BbvXXRb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I should also probably point out that Verizon is retiring their CDMA service as of January 1st. It will continue to work only for existing customers until they replace their phones. That leaves Sprint as the only CDMA carrier left because the technology is inferior and has already been abandoned by everyone else who previously used it.

Jesset5
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

On AT&T, S10+, Android 10(& Android 9), WiFi affects MMS. Either it makes downloading MMS slow or stops. I have to turn off WiFi then manually download messages.

It's super annoying.

0 Likes
userP2bp1Fx7uZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Greetings, 

This is still an ongoing issue! Samsung is refusing to see this as a problem. I spoke to senior managers higher ups and their response is "We have not heard of this issue". Thats their technical problem not adressing the situation. They're argument is or "policy" is to send the device to repair to Texas (atleast twice before getting a refund or new device) That is the whole problem with samsung why Apple is ahead. I do not like apples limitation thats why I haven't and wont switch but Samsung you guys are killing us this is a $1.000 device WORK WITH YOUR engineers to find a resolution.
Current workaround:

In your Dial pad type in *#2263# (for stock devices) ##3282# for carier devices. Go under LTE and Disable band 25 and 41 go Back save and apply. Test it out. 

Samsung_4yzCPPy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is great

0 Likes
user0W5v4YH749
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am still having this issue after all these months - apps are not able to access the data connection after a period of use under an hour when there should be a strong signal and strong neighboring cells are available, and a restart immediately solves the problem. I see this most with Waze since it shows Searching Network when this happens. Behavior is consistent with radio 'sticking' to a band that is not working and refusing to jump to a new, strong working band that is clearly present as shown by utility apps. SM-G973U phone. AT&T does not allow suggested workaround of blocking certain bands it appears, reporting RAT features locked. Various updates and resets by AT&T and me have not eliminated this bizarre issue.

Anything new, besides incorrect assertions that this has been solved?

0 Likes
Samsung_BpRZUsx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This just literally worked for me after over a month, 4 visits to ATT, one to UBreakit, and countless hours of tech support. I was trying a few things on my own and one of these things or a combination immediately reactivated my 4G LTE. It originated with me being curious if there was an issue with the bands.

#1, have them check your plan or check yourself if you can. My plan was listed as 4G LTE (No Visual Voicemail) I changed it online to the regular 4G LTE plan.

#2, Go do your phone keypad and enter this: *#197328640#   A screen should load immediately. Select BASIC INFO. look for dBm readings. if no signals, hit the menu at the top right and select BACK. When you reach the main menu, select WB AMR, select SETTING, UMTS ENABLE (*) and GSM DISABLE(*). Don't know if it matters, but I did it. Exit this menu via home button

#3 Go to your keypad again. Enter: *#2663# . At the top you should see a button that says TSP FW Update (General) select it and let the phone update. 

(NOTE: you may think you've already updated your phone to the latest version, but software is different from firmware (FW), and no one suggested this in any of my ATT or Samsung troubleshooting so it's worth a try.

I returned to my home screen, turned off WIFI to test, 4G LTE came up immediately.

I really truly hope this helps anyone with this ridiculously awful problem that no amount of tech support seems capable of working out. 

For any techies still troubleshooting, here's a link of those Samsung access codes to explore on your own http://www.samsungsfour.com/tutorials/all-secret-codes-of-samsung-galaxy-s10-galaxy-s10-and-s10e.htm...

Samsung_BpRZUsx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This just literally worked for me after over a month, 4 visits to ATT, one to UBreakit, and countless hours of tech support. I was trying a few things on my own and one of these things or a combination immediately reactivated my 4G LTE.

#1, have them check your plan or check yourself if you can. My plan was listed as 4G LTE (No Visual Voicemail) I changed it online to the regular LTE plan.

#2, Go do your phone keypad and enter this: *#197328640#   A screen should load immediately. Select BASIC INFO. look for dBm readings. if no signals, hit the menu at the top right and select BACK. When you reach the main menu, select WB AMR, select SETTING, UMTS ENABLE (*) and GSM DISABLE(*). Don't know if it matters, but I did it. Exit this menu via home button

#3 Go to your keypad again. Enter: *#2663# . At the top you should see a button that says TSP FW Update (General) select it and let the phone update. 

(NOTE: you may think you've already updated your phone to the latest version, but software is different from firmware (FW), and no one suggested this in any of my ATT or Samsung troubleshooting so it's worth a try.

I returned to my home screen, turned off WIFI to test, 4G LTE came up immediately.

I really truly hope this helps anyone with this ridiculously awful problem that no amount of tech support seems capable of working out.