Original topic:

S20 asking for pin with at least 1 letter but we've never had any pins (phone used as a media center in a shop)

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 12:58 AM)
Steviep1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,
We bought the phone from an online 2nd hand store. We've never instated any security. 3 days ago it now asks for a pin with at least 1 letter, which we of course don't have. 
Battery is still on 92% after 3 days (amazing right) and we can't turn it off to reset device as it asks for the pin to turn off. 
Holding down variations of power + volume up/down/both etc just restarts the phone to the same screen enter security pin screen. I've tried every combination possible ( at least think so), always restarts to security screen. So, can't even access reset screens. 
Anyone have any ideas? 🤔, thanks

7 Replies
RedAceCard
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It is possible that you may need to connect the device to a computer using ADB or ABD (I cannot recall the exact term) in order to unlock it. Alternatively, you could attempt to perform a factory reset. If neither of these methods is successful, you may be able to edit the registry to modify the number of login attempts permitted before the device is reset to factory settings.
0 Likes
Steviep1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 
I cant enter factor reset screen. Whatever I try (holding power buttons plus volume etc) just reboots to the same login screen. I havent tried connecting to PC, not sure what that would do? 

0 Likes
RedAceCard
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I might think the phone is broken you hold down the volume try vol down and power after if nothing try vol up and power
0 Likes
Steviep1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yup, tried both variations.... some blogs also suggested to switch from power+down to power+up when the phone vibrates on the reboot... but nothing, just reboots to the security screen... 
Seems like there is no way to get to anything other than that screen. I'm thinking I might have to wait for the battery to empty and try then, but I guess it will just do the same

0 Likes
RedAceCard
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Di you hold them down?
0 Likes
Steviep1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

yes of course..... like i said, I tried so many different variations