JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Pass, fingerprint login on websites not working since update

(Topic created: 04-09-2019 03:22 PM)
userKYkftxnMGG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since update of android 9 my Samsung Pass is not working. When using internet (samsung browser) I load up a login form but I do not get a prompt to authenticate with fingerprint/iris. I checked my Samsung Pass settings and the sites and passwords saved but regardless of what website i go onto the prompt does not come up.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Miss-Dyna
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Swipe down and open settings.  Scroll down to Apps.  Scroll down to Samsung Internet.  Tap on Storage.  Then tap on Clear Data.

This method worked for me, I hope it works for you and everyone else that's had this problem.  😎

0 Likes
userHguIgytv81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have cleared cache partition, Uninstalled updates. Still not working. Amy suggestions?

0 Likes
userZ8byatuagW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try registering the same fingerprint multiple times, it really helps improve detection.

0 Likes
userKYkftxnMGG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userZ8byatuagW wrote:

Try registering the same fingerprint multiple times, it really helps improve detection.

It is not the the fingerprint detection that is not working, it does not give me the option in internet app to apply fingerprint since update.

The fingerprint logon screen only comes up when using my internet banking but does not show when trying to log on to any websites throught samsung internet or chrome.

All my details are stored in samsung pass, its just the ability to be able to use it

SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for providing that information.

Have you reached out to the Web page developers of the sites you are browsing to ensure they are compatible with the most recent bio-metric security systems?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKYkftxnMGG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

They all worked fine before software updates, it was only after and it is all sites im trying to access not just a couple

0 Likes
NishaantG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to setting --> apps--> Samsung Pass (click on the 3 dots on the right hand corner) --> uninstall updates. This will reset Samsung Pass, which erase all of saved passwords but will definitely fix the issue.
0 Likes
Samsung_590gEwe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The same thing is happening to me too!!! I know just what you are talking about.

userKYkftxnMGG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Clear cache partition, very easy to do, i googled it and it worked 🙂

0 Likes
userIuMAIfkVKs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've tried clearing the cache by going into settings and also by switching off the phone and going into the start up menu. Neither of those worked!!!!!!!! 

0 Likes