Original topic:

Should I replace my S9 Galaxy battery or get a new phone?

(Topic created: 03-20-2024 09:36 AM)
SCharlew1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I need to make a decision whether to replace my battery in my S9, or get a new phone.  I only use the phone for calls (yes i'm that old), texts, email, some fitness apps (All Trails, Strava, Garmin, Teamer) and a couple social media and game sites and pictures. I'm not doing any purchases at all on my phone other than rarely parking.  Since I use my phone for such basic stuff, I feel like my phone is basic and that's fine. For those of you with the s9 or 'better' phones, do you feel a new phone is warranted for security or some other reason?

thx

3 Replies
AdeptMaven
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would say it's worth upgrades just for the security. With the s24 series Samsung has promised 7 years of OS and security updates. And while I won't pretend that it will be game changing, moving to a 5g capable phone will mean (in theory) your data connections will be faster and more reliable. I personally upgrade every three years just cause I'm a bit of an enthusiast but I'd say for most people can keep their phones for 5 to 6 years before upgrading without missing out on much.
Alflinus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I used to have the s9 and recently (last year) upgraded to the s23 ultra. Just from security point of view I would consider upgrading. The camera was vastly improved as was battery. The downside could be its heavier and a large phone. I would look at upgrading and hold the phone and see how you like size and weight. Good luck
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You do not have to go to the expense of an S series. The A's are budget friendly and perfectly suitable for someone who only uses a phone for the basics. It'll still be better than the S9.
0 Likes