JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is this notification sound and how do I stop it! Galaxy S10e

(Topic created: 11-24-2023 05:06 PM)
user16LZTBP7Qu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Galaxy S10e and use an app called Evernote which lets me make notes and set reminders for them to appear at a later date.

For some reason, when a Reminder comes up, instead of being a discreet little beep (which I want) it plays this annoying tune.

I have tried changing all the Notification settings to silent. I've tried changing the Alert sound to something different, but nothing works.

I can't even find where the sound file is such that I could change or delete it!

The only way I can stop it is by switching off the Reminder Notifications in the first place, which rather defeats the purpose of the app.

Can anyone please tell me if this is coming from the phone or the Evernote App and how I might change it?

https://youtu.be/KvIyhKOzb9M

Uploaded by Graham Marsden on 2023-11-25.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GrahamM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I found the problem: That is actually the "Orbit" Ringtone.

I have an App called Message Notifier Pro which allows you to "intercept" the regular notifications for an App and replace the sounds with something else.

Originally Evernote only used the standard Notification sound (Tejat) which I use for when I get a text message, so I changed it to "Beep Once".

Somehow, when I migrated everything over from my Galaxy S9+ to my S10e, something must have got corrupted, so even though it was still saying "Beep Once", it actually started playing the Orbit Ringtone.

I couldn't actually find that Ringtone on my phone (I think it came with the Phone App), but when I deleted Evernote's entry from Message Notifier Pro, I could then change its Notification back to Beep Once which has fixed the problem.

I appreciate the help and suggestions 🙂

View solution in context

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thats anoying lol have you tried using samsung remind?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sound files may be on my files app
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
.1700898203865_1700898203858_0.jpg
0 Likes
GrahamM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've tried searching through Audio Files and Notifications, but I can't find that sound clip anywhere.

I don't want to switch to a different note app if I don't have to.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did you search on my files app? That is where all sounds or certain app details go to. What i can do is maybe try and use the same app as you to see if i can find a solution
0 Likes
Solution
GrahamM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I found the problem: That is actually the "Orbit" Ringtone.

I have an App called Message Notifier Pro which allows you to "intercept" the regular notifications for an App and replace the sounds with something else.

Originally Evernote only used the standard Notification sound (Tejat) which I use for when I get a text message, so I changed it to "Beep Once".

Somehow, when I migrated everything over from my Galaxy S9+ to my S10e, something must have got corrupted, so even though it was still saying "Beep Once", it actually started playing the Orbit Ringtone.

I couldn't actually find that Ringtone on my phone (I think it came with the Phone App), but when I deleted Evernote's entry from Message Notifier Pro, I could then change its Notification back to Beep Once which has fixed the problem.

I appreciate the help and suggestions 🙂