JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Xfinity activation causes eSIM to install constantly

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
CarWhi-IT-Guy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Had an S22 on Xfinity Mobile.  Tried to upgrade to a S24.  When I activated it, it worked fine for about 5 minutes, then the message "Your eSIM is ready to add".  Once this pops up, the working eSIM is disabled.  My number no longer works with any phone.  I had to temporarily purchase another S24, set it up with my number, and in the few minutes that it works, forward calls to a temporary number set up on my original S24.  I can't get text messages, because they can't be forwarded without a working phone.  Xfinity knows of the issue, many people are affected by it.  They have no solution as of yet.  

Anyone know how to disable SIM manager so it can't run and install new eSIMs?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CarWhi-IT-Guy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Issue is resolved now. Xfinity servers were down last Thursday, and this issue started after that. It affected some phones when activating via eSIM. I put in a physical SIM, and set SIM Manager to require authorization. Not sure if the servers are fixed or not.

View solution in context

2 Replies
wildwayne87
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah
0 Likes
Solution
CarWhi-IT-Guy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Issue is resolved now. Xfinity servers were down last Thursday, and this issue started after that. It affected some phones when activating via eSIM. I put in a physical SIM, and set SIM Manager to require authorization. Not sure if the servers are fixed or not.