JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Convert physical SIM to eSIM is not available choice

(Topic created: 10-03-2023 04:06 PM)
Members_1vK4EMr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a Galaxy S20 5G phone. I have a physical SIM card from T-Mobile. T-Mobile gives instructions for how to convert the SIM to an eSIM (How to convert your physical SIM to an eSIM on the same device | eSIM | Galaxy S20 5G | T-Mobile Sup...). But when I get to the proper place following the instructions, there is no way for me to "Choose SIM 1" or get the prompt "Convert to eSIM." I may need to ask T-Mobile for help if this is a T-Mobile issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_1vK4EMr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

The answer is to walk into a T-Mobile store. They removed the individual option to convert a physical SIM to an eSIM. They only do it in-store now.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes should be able to open your settings for your connections and then go to your Sim card Manger and select Add Esim then a menu will appear asking for your Carrier information, simply follow the instructions and you should have no issues with adding the Esim to your phone, Also tap on other ways to connect to your mobile network, but if you can't get the Esim to work correctly then I would recommend that you reach out to T-mobile for further assistance and to verify that you phone is correctly registered on their networkScreenshot_20231003_192528_Call settings.jpgScreenshot_20231003_192524_Call settings.jpg1696375848658_1696375848648_0.jpg
Puti
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Great phone and great choice in choosing an esim. I converted to an esim as soon as it was available and it was quick and easy
0 Likes
Solution
Members_1vK4EMr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

The answer is to walk into a T-Mobile store. They removed the individual option to convert a physical SIM to an eSIM. They only do it in-store now.

0 Likes